Sunday 30 November 2008

Raspberry



Back in summer I had a seasonal job as a dragon boat instructor and lifeguard in the South of France for Acorn Adventure.

I lived in a tent for more than 3 months in the seaside town of Narbonne Plage and as much as I loved the place, the weather and the people, I could not go back there.

Working with kids for 24 hours is a hard task and I found myself stressed by the silliest of things.

Our days were filled with sessions on the water. talent shows, cleaning bathrooms, pitching tents, serving dinner with minimal time for sleep or sangria!

Did I mention the pay? It was shocking and really only pocket money so my plans to save in my gap year were ruined.

Mind you, the staff did manage to have fun, with whatever was lying around...


Recently, a few of my former work mates have suggested we all go back and work there in summer 2009 but I'm not a fan of doing things twice. I feel to repeat a season in the same place with the same people cold be a bit tedious and not live up to the fun I had this year.

It's tempting, because I know what to expect and already have a secure job, but I'd rather find somewhere new with a better wage.

No comments: