Sunday 16 November 2008

Sultana


OK, so I may have mentioned my top 10 list. 10 places I'd love to visit in the world...maybe when I'm an earning travel journalist!


New Zealand is at the top of the list.


News today of a feature, specific to the Kiwis is a free video and photo diary set up by the tourist board.

The travel planner enables travellers to collect virtual memorabilia from their trip. All you do is upload photos, videos, travel route and other aspects you want to share.

The special features include;
  • Scenic highlights
  • Activities
  • Accommodation options
  • i-SITE visitor centres
  • Transport options
Cool idea, but I do prefer the old-school way of keeping a diary. Paperchase, the stationary store do amazing travel journals that are good for keeping a note of your adventures.

In all honesty, you can record your memories anywhere, but I love the bright designs they have.

Does facebook count as a photo diary?

I also love scrap-booking, and have made a few from my time in America and South of France. I just love collecting napkins and ticket stubs from eventful days.

When I was young, my mother encouraged me to be creative on holidays so I made holiday diaries of camping trips and holidays away. I used to add crab claws from the beach and feathers I had put in sand castles....you could not find that much detail in an online travel planner!



No comments: