Tuesday 4 November 2008

Strawberry (Jam)




Christmas Travel?

Recently I've been getting spam mail from travel sites, including all amazing and helpful tips for places I've never thought to even read about.

Trek America were in touch today inviting me to book a Christmas holiday in Las Vegas....imagine?!

I have been to the 'city in the desert' but to spend my valuable three weeks off in amongst the glitz and glam, no. It could dry up my turkey!


I mean, it's not that Britain ussually gets the typical winter weather (snow) over the holiday, but I'd much prefer the cold evenings of home than the dry, scorching days of West Coast America.


Anyway, I'm a student, who struggles to pay for my Oyster Card, so there's no chance I can book a trans-atlantic ticket at the moment!

I did go to Egypt Sharm El-Sheik in 2006 the week before Christmas which was a surreal experience. I did take my best friend's boyfriend's place but it was worth the swap. We quad biked in the desert, swam in the red sea and got corn-rows!


I actually gained a stalker that holiday too! Only being there for a week, it cam as a suprise when a hotel entertainer 'fell in love' with me.


He offered 20 camels for me....I wasn't that keen really. I prefered relaxin in a bedouin tent with a shisha pipe!


In fairness, Egypt was a fantastic escape even if they don't sell beer!

No comments: