Wednesday 1 October 2008

Apple

Yesterday I backtracked and wrote about our friends Stateside.

Today, I'm over the Big Apple and find myself intrigued by the Tories.

Although the U.S. seem to be finding their feet again, financially, we, the British feel there is more to our crisis than statistics, and that it is our character that needs to change.

According to the BBC news website today, David Cameron has emphasized, "To rebuild our economy, it's not more of the same we need, but change." I completely agree with this simple statement. As a leader, Cameron has pointed out (for those who missed the memo) that our whole thinking needs to differ in order for our spending and investing to settle down.

Of course, I realized the obvious many years ago; the more I save, the more I work, the easier it is to become sensible with the green.

Ha, but University completely changes that 'safe' mentality and I have found myself being horrendously extravagant for my employment status - borrowing student!

I have a lot to think about for the rest of this wonderfully, windy Wednesday so I'm out.

No comments: