Tuesday 14 October 2008

Coconuts


Recently, I've been hearing a lot about Thailand, not a place i normally fantasize over.

But I cannot give a good reason why I never been enticed by the beach elephant rides and lagoons....so very me!

Meeting up with a few of the males in my family, plus a new girlfriend, at the weekend and all I heard about was Thai travel experience and 'Full Moon' party from the charming Russian my brother presented to me....we did have a great night though and the wine did help me fall in love with this Buddhist island. From the descriptions of the turqoise sea and spicy food, that night, I tried to imagine myself there.

And I can!

Actually, my weekend conversations had such an impact, when I got home I chatted on at my housemates about this travellers paradise and it turns out they spent three weeks there this summer too!

When I asked what the people were like one of my mates can only remember little Thai men saying "You pay one million dollar if you want slow" when she rode a tuk-tuk, I'm guessing that's the fast way to get around then....ha!

What I've gathered from my Thailand-esque chats with all these ladies is that currency is know as Bhat out there, they all love their King and wear a different colours to respect him and Koh Samui or 'Costa del Samui' is a place to avoid, for obvious reasons!

I definitely need to find out more, so for now I can add it to My Places To Go list (when I have money and decide a car is not a priority) just below New Zealand and above Mexico.

No comments: