Saturday 4 October 2008

The Cranberries

I realized this morning that I really do 'let it linger' with thanks to the Cranberries (also my breakfast!) I know it's sombre but I can't help feeling that a lot is left unsaid.

I take for granted that most errands can be run at the end of the day, conversations can be left until the weekend, but that only causes the prolonged agony of never knowing an outcome. I guess I'm just a 'zoner', as one co-worker in Maryland once called me! They just love labels, those Americans.

My favorite Cambridge comic, Stephen Fry seems to enjoy it stateside. I'm glad he back on our screens in all fairness...not just for the tea but to explore a place that still fascinates me, not for the flamboyant politics, but just it's landscape and massive meal portions!

Maybe I could agree with Mr. Fry when (I can imagine he exclaims) "I was so nearly an American".

No comments: