Sunday 19 October 2008

Pear


A friend of mine is going to Canada. Not really sure why; maybe a holiday, stop off for a world tour, love interest? I ask all this beacuse HE hasn't told me! I just noticed it on his Facebook status...what a wuss.


Obviously I'm jealous and gutted, having to stay here in LDN and carry on wandering and studying amid the flat, un-imaginative streets of the South.


I shouldn't moan, I just know as soon as he walks off his plane (I'd be running!) he'll be hit with an overwhelming sight of mountain and water... just look at the rugged scene, I can almost smell the fresh pines from here!
This is a place where there are just two seasons, winter and summer....perfect for anyone who is a raging season-worker, hopping from a job on the Mediterranean coast to the slopes of Whistler.
I guess in Canada you can do both.
My dream would be to sea-kayak on the North Atlantic, canoe down a salmon river in summer and simply snow mobile up and down the mountains.
It all sound so easy, but in order to fund these extravagant activities would mean a job. Journalist or not, I'd be happy being a waitress in a French-Canadian bar.

No comments: